We all dream of smooth, glowing and even tone skin. But our lifestyle and lack of proper skin care routine makes it a distant dream. Result: dull, dry and problematic skin. Overexposure to sun, chemicals and creams often leave our skin feeling stretched and tired. In the long run dark spots and uneven skin tone starts to appear thus making our confidence related to our appearance hit rock bottom.
What causes dark spots?
There are many reasons for dark spots and uneven skin tone. Many of them can be due to the environment – pollution, stress, tiredness, ageing or even genetic. An uneven tone can happen when the skin starts to produce a lot of melanin, a pigment that causes discoloration. This usually happens after the age of 30 and the affected parts include the forehead, chin, upper lip and cheeks.
There are many causes for uneven skin tone and the blemishes that follow. Few of them are listed below:
- Overexposure To Sun
Frequent exposure to sun can be one of the reasons why the melanin production increases within the skin cells. The harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun causes tanning, which darkens and damages the skin in a harmful way.
- Hormonal Changes
Throughout our lives, we undergo various hormonal changes that can be a cause of skin discoloration. When a woman is pregnant or going through menopause, she can experience a marked difference in her skin tone. This even happens as we age.
Inflammation of the skin is also one of the major causes of uneven skin tone. Either due to a breakout of pimples or acne or chemical peels, the reaction can be very strong, causing dark spots and uneven skin tone.
So the next question arises as to how to get fair skin? Here are few beauty tips and tricks that can help you achieve the target of an even toned, glowing and smooth skin. Even though there are many chemical treatments that can do the needful, but our suggestion to you would be to go natural with ingredients that are easily available.
Easy tips for glowing skin:
- Baking Soda
It is one of the most widely and easily available ingredients that helps in giving an even tone to the skin. It works as an exfoliator that is the first step to getting rid of the uneven tone and dark spots.
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp water
- Mix the two together to make a smooth paste
- Apply on the face & neck area and leave it to dry for 15-20 mins
- Wash it off with cold water and apply a moisturizing lotion to avoid the skin from drying out
- Repeat at least thrice a week for the desired results
One of the best home beauty tips to get spotless and even-toned skin is to apply papaya on it on a regular basis. Papaya has enzymes that help in lightening the skin tone and making it glow naturally.
- 2 tbsp pulped &mashed papaya
- 1 tbsp milk
- Mix the ingredients together in a bowl & make a smooth paste
- Use this mix to gently massage the face for 5-10 minutes
- The leave it to dry on the skin for another 15 minutes before washing it off with cold water
- Repeat the process at least twice a week to revel fresh, glowing and fairer looking skin over a period of time
Loaded with vitamin C, it is one of the best and most effective remedies for a skin suffering from the problems of spots, blemishes, wrinkles and discolouration. Orange pulp and its peel are known to lighten the skin tone as it is packed with natural bleaching properties.
- 1 whole orange (mashed)
- A pinch of turmeric
- Combine orange pulp and turmeric together and gently massage the face with it for 5-10 minutes
- Leave it to dry for further 10 minutes before washing it off with cold water
- Repeat this process daily before taking bath to get lighter, brighter and naturally glowing skin
To get rid of the problem of sun tan and dark spots instantly, you can opt for herbal bleach cream like OxyLife Crème Bleach. Enriched with the goodness of aloe vera, it infuses the skin with active oxygen that enables it to look radiant in an instant. It also helps remove dead cells from the skin thus revealing fresh and fairer looking skin. Follow our blog to read more on how to remove tan.