Due to time constraints imposed by work and personal commitments, I haven’t posted much recently. Recently I have been drawn towards natural skin and hair care brands because the covid taught me to take good care of my health which I had been neglecting before.
After experiencing work-related stress coupled with a poor diet, I was experiencing hair loss. I tried many new products but nothing worked. Recently I placed an order on the official Little Extra website for their Coco onion hair care combo. I got a hair oil, and a shampoo.
The items came in an impressive packaging and I loved the shampoo’s pump dispenser, which thankfully worked better than other similar ones. I will provide a detailed review after using this combo for 6-8 months.
Onion Oil Benefits for Hair
- Onion juice’s high sulphur content makes it useful against hair loss and brittleness. Hair follicles require sulphur for rejuvenation and growth.
- The anti-aging properties of onion juice include its potential to delay hair graying.
- If you eat onion, it will strengthen your hair and keep it from falling out.
- Onion’s antimicrobial and antifungal characteristics make it useful for warding off scalp infections and flaking.
- By stimulating blood flow to the scalp, an onion juice massage can promote growth.
Benefits of coconut for hair
- Coconut oil is promoted as a healthy fat that helps improve hair, skin, and nails.
- Coconut is mostly lauric acid. This long-chain/medium-chain fatty acid penetrates hair quickly and strengthens the cuticle.
- Coconut milk’s protein content may strengthen hair.
- Coconut milk vitamins may keep hair healthy, strong, and hydrated. Micronutrients may improve hair health, but further research is needed.
- Coconut oil has been noted for making the hair cuticle stronger, so that harmful substances and water won’t lead to breakage as easily.
The oil claims to be safe for all hair types including colored and chemically treated hair. It does not contain sulfates, silicones, parabens, mineral oil, or dyes.
Little Extra Coco Onion Hair Oil
A 150 ml of this hair oil is priced at INR 499. Buy Now.
The oil contains the following in ingredients and their benefits.
Onion oil- It is a key ingredient, is known to boost hair follicle circulation.
Coconut oil- it is known to penetrate the hair shaft more than mineral oil.
Bhringraj oil- It is known to improve circulation, stimulate hair growth, and stop hair loss.
Amla oil- It helps to delay the onset of gray hair.
Castor oil: It helps fortify follicles and promoting healthy growth of hair.
In contrast to what some might expect from the scent of onion, the oil has a lovely aroma. The list of ingredients is quite intriguing, which is exactly what I look for in a hair product. Although my hair problem has not completely been solved, I have noticed a marked improvement in the condition of it after a few applications.
What worked for me may not work for you because product efficacy is highly subjective. Nonetheless, I have witnessed the outcomes, and I urge you to at least try it out once. It’s not too pricey to consider.
Coco Onion Natural Shampoo
A 300 ml bottle of this shampoo costs INR 499. Buy Now.
In this product, onion oil and coconut milk are primary components.
Rosemary oil in the product is known to play an important role in hair growth.
The pump dispenser has to be pressed atleast 3-4 times so that adequate amount of shampoo can be got.
The shampoo does leave you feeling your hair flat and a little sticky on the scalp and that’s understandable due to the fact that it doesn’t contain harsh chemicals like parabens and SLS which are usually present in normal shampoos and give you a squeaky clean feeling after usage.
The shampoo also does not lather much and I had to shampoo twice to get that clean hair feel. So if you’re experiencing hair loss and have balding scalp then use this product.
The list of ingredients looks impressive and could provide some nourishment, but if you’re someone who likes your hair squeaky clean and non-oily after a wash then you may not get those results with it.
Review Score: 4.5/5
If you’re experiencing hair loss, you should definitely check out the Little Extra Coco Onion Hair care combo. The products are gentle but produce visible results after regular usage of 4-5 months.